Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My mistake - OH BOY!

It was Saturday night, and a fairly light crowd at the Market. I'll admit I started drinking a little with some of our great customers. So, I thought I would grab a bottle of a value priced Cava (Spanish bubbly) to celebrate the amazing world series victory by our beloved Cardinals. I ceremoniously pop the cork, pour several flutes, take a sniff and WHOA! WHAT THE HECK IS THIS STUFF??  Well, instead of the $12 Cava, I grabbed a $55 Pierre Peters Brut Champagne that was right next to the Cava in the cooler.
Pierre Peters is fantastic! The $55 might seem high, but, when you consider that this "grower" Champagne sells its grapes to Krug, who sells their Champagne for $200 and up, it starts to look like a real bargain.
Like the Cardinals, I guess it was "destiny" to drink a great Champagne to their equally great season.
And several lucky customers happened to be in the right place at the right time to celebrate with us.

Dear Cards, thanks for the historic run, the greatest World Series game EVER played and the 11th trophy!
Good luck, Tony!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment