Thursday, January 5, 2012

I forgot how good this wine was.

It was the end of another day at the Market, and, surprise, I was hankering for a glass of wine. I didn't want to spend a lot, but also wanted to re-try something I haven't had in a while. A Mollydooker Boxer Shiraz sounded pretty good. We have both the 2008 and 2010 vintages, and I just randomly selected the 2008.
This was a great choice. The wine was silky smooth, with intense, blueberry and plum fruit followed by undercurrents of lavender and bacon fat. The wine was great by itself, but also was perfect with some leftover pizza later at home. There was still some wine left the following day, and it was wonderful with Judy's homemade lasagna.
Whether it's the Boxer, Cabernet, red blends or their amazing upper level wines -  Mollydooker never disappoints!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment