Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can you show me your sweet red wines?

Uh, no.  Sorry.
Except for some Ports and dessert wines, WE DO NOT CARRY SWEET RED WINES! Sorry. I'm a little emotional at the moment.
We constantly get asked for "sweet reds" here at The Market. It's probably because just about all of the Missouri wineries make at least one sweet red, and most of them have several selections. So folks around here have gotten used to having this option in wine. And the sweet reds have quite a following based on the number of inquiries we get.
So, without completely re-writing my blog on "Missouri Wines", I would like to respectfully state that sweet reds are not serious red wines, and we are a serious red (and white) wine shop.
I don't mean to offend sweet red wine drinkers. It's like me liking White Castle hamburgers. I realize there are much higher quality, "serious" burgers  out there. I just like White Castles.
You like what you like, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Nevertheless, we will never carry sweet red wines at The Market.

Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment