Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Homemade Pizza and Chianti!

My daughter in law, Dani, who is the pastry chef at Annie Gunn's, invited us over for dinner this Sunday. Pizza was the feature of the evening - homemade pizza. She made two pies, a veggie and chicken and pepperoni with fresh mozzarella. I wanted to like the veggie pizza more because it was so much healthier, but alas, the pepperoni won out. I brought a 2004 Felsina Fontalloro from my stash at home. This Tuscan gem was wonderful with the pizza, as I expected. We currently carry the 2007 vintage at the Market.
The wine was also great with the bits of dark chocolate we had for dessert.
So, when Dani's not making her famous pop tarts or flourless chocolate cake for Annie's, she's making a heck of a pizza at home.
I wonder if their could be pizza somewhere in Annie Gunn's future. I wonder?

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment