Friday, March 30, 2012

Four Wines For Final Four Weekend!

One of my favorite sporting events begins this weekend - the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament. Of course the tournament has been going on for a while now, but is there anything more exciting than the final four, and ultimately, the NCAA championship? Not to me. And this year, I didn't fill out a grid, so I won't lose any money, and I can totally get into the games without worrying about "my teams".
I've been drinking mostly beer during the games, but for the final four, I'm upgrading to wine!
Here are four wines tasted recently that really impressed me. All are available at The Market, of course:
2010 Jermann Pinot Grigio - A Pinot Grigio that's totally refreshing and bursting with full bodied flavor, $23
2010 Neyers Carneros Chardonnay - this is a beautifully elegant Chardonnay, perfectly balanced with tropical fruit and toasty, buttery oak , $34
2009 Argyle Reserve Pinot Noir - dark cherry, raspberry and a hint of cinnamon. Great by itself or with a variety of foods. Excellent price! $26
2008 Baer Arctos - 58% Cabernet, 39% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot. This red blend is right in my wheelhouse with lush black raspberry, cassis and plum. A dollop of chocolate reminds me of biting into the chocolate center of a cherry tootsie roll pop. $42
Have a great weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment