Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finally! We Celebrate The Birth of Baby Kathryn!

It's been over a month since the birth of our second granddaughter, and we finally get the chance to celebrate this weekend. Much to our surprise, we won't have to go to KC, since my daughter and the family are coming to St. Louis to visit us! This is the first big drive they're taking with the new baby so it should be interesting. 2/12 year old Grace, is of course, a pro at this, having made many a trip from KC to Stl.
So, what to drink?
Let's start with Champagne. We just got a bunch of exciting new "growers" Champagnes in at The Market, and I'm going to go with the 2004 Chartogne-Taillet Brut - a special Champagne for a very special occasion. Incidentally, I'll be explaining what a "growers Champagne" is in one of my May blogs. May is International Champagne month. Everyone knows that, right?
We all enjoy Chardonnay, so I'm going to bring home a bottle of Judy's favorite: 2010 Chappellet.
This Saturday we're having the Big Basin release party so, I have to work in the evening. But that doesn't mean the celebrating has to stop. In fact, tasting the new releases from Big Basin - one of my favorite producers - is an ideal way to celebrate. I hope everyone can make this special event, where we will have pizza and other snacks to enjoy with the wine.
For me, there's only one producer (that I own) that I like better than Big Basin. Saxum. So add that to the agenda, and I think the weekend is complete.
At some point, (weather permitting) you'll also probably find the boys on the deck sipping single malt Scotch and puffing on cigars.
Monday we rest.
Have a great weekend!

Tom

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Wish we were there for all the celebrating and to meet Kathryn! Our love to all!!

    ReplyDelete