Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend - What To Drink?

Zinfandel, Rose' and beer.  That's what I'm drinking this Memorial weekend. And I can't wait to get started!
Zinfandel will perfectly compliment the inevitable barbecue. The Rose' and beer are the refreshing libations I will be quaffing as temperatures nudge toward 100 degrees here in St. Louis. Of course you can also drink these with your barbecue as well as the Zin. It's up to you.
Here are some of my favorites - all at The Market:
Zinfandel:
2009 Quivira
2009 JC Cellars Landy Vineyard
Rose' (I prefer domestic Rose' to the French)
2010 Shane
2011 Maison Bleue
Beer (Even though I love them, there will be no high alcohol IPA's this weekend - only the crisp refreshing stuff):
Weihenstephaner Original (A refreshing German lager from the world's oldest brewery)
Scrimshaw Pilsner (From North Coast Brewing in CA, Scrimshaw was named the #1 brew for barbecues by ABC News. I love the stuff!)

Take a moment to remember and thank a veteran this Memorial Day


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment