Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crazy Wine Requests!

Twice in one day last week I received requests to special order some wine. We normally welcome special orders. We're happy our customers think of us for their special requests. We obviously can't carry every wine that's made in our inventory. For both requests, the exchange between me and the customers went almost exactly like this:
Customer: Do you carry this wine?
Me: Sorry, no. But I can probably get it. Would you like me to try?
Customer: Yes.
Me: I will confirm the price for you, but, it will probably be about $10 per bottle. How much did you want?
Customer: 1 bottle.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO BEAT MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL!
Is it just me, or would this frustrate anyone else?
We all have frustrations in our jobs, I guess. This is just one that comes with the retail wine business.
Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment