Friday, June 15, 2012

How About Some Wine For Dad?

Father's Day gift buying has started, and that's a good thing for all the dads out there as well as your friendly neighborhood Wine Market.
Although we're seeing some accessories and some Single Malt Scotch purchases, the most popular gift item - by far and away - is Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet blends from California and Washington State. Quite a few people have wandered into "The Cellar" and picked up some high end wines that are $70 and up.
It's nice to see that our dads are so appreciated and loved.
I love being a dad. I've been one for 29 years now, and I consider it an honor and a blessing.
So, here's a toast to all our dads on their special day.
Here's a special toast to my dad who I miss very much. He was not a wine drinker - never touched the stuff. Strictly a beer guy and usually Budweiser - unless he was sick - then he would sip on a brandy.
This Bud's for you, Dad!

Tom



No comments:

Post a Comment