Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Wines For The "Dog Days"

The "dog days" of summer are here.
Not the best of times for the wine business. Sometimes I think that the only ones thinking about wine right now are those of us in the industry.
It's all perfectly understandable.
It's HOT out there. People are squeezing in last minute vacations. Kids are getting ready for school.
College freshmen are preparing to move into their dorms.
And on and on.
But I'm going to try and get you all to think about wine - even if it's for just a little while.
My dog day wines are light, crisp, refreshing, "smile inducing" and reasonably priced.
And here are five of my favorites. All available at The Market:
2010 Talbott Kali Hart Chardonnay - $16
2010 Spoonbill Sauvignon Blanc - $17
2010 Scarpetta Pinot Grigio - $17
2011 Puech Haut Prestige Rose' - $20
Anything sparkling, from Moscatto to Champagne. But bearing in mind my own rules, which include "reasonably priced", I have to pick the following:
NV Schramsburg Mirabelle Brut Rose' - $24

Tom



No comments:

Post a Comment