Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It's 9/11 - No Wine Blog Today!

I can't believe it's been 11 years since the World Trade Center attack. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I'm sure any American who was at least 12 years old, and had access to the news broadcasts feels about the same.
I was in Corporate America at the time. I had a 10:30 AM flight to Minneapolis, was dressed and ready to drive to the airport when I started watching the events unfold on the Today Show. All kinds of emotions, thoughts and feelings were occurring almost simultaneously inside of me. Fear, anger, sorrow, pain and much more. I felt violated like I never had before. It was the first, and to this date the only time, I cried over something that did not involve a personal tragedy.
So it seems a little superfluous to be writing about wine, beer or other alcohol today. I'll be back at it later in the week.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the fallen heroes and their families.
September 11, 2001.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment