Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cardinals Lose - We Still Have Wine!

We moved from Chicago to St. Louis 18 years ago. It didn't take me long to embrace the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team. What a great franchise!
And they rewarded me with hundreds of thrills over the years, and, of course, two World Series championships - 2006 and 2011.
This year though.  Geez!  It was just emotionally draining.
They're hitting - they're not; they're scoring - they're not; they're pitching - they're not.
Oh, and what was that move our new rookie manager just made?
Arrrggghhhh.
I wasn't going to drink last night, but I opened a Chardonnay in the second inning.
In the fourth inning it was time to change channels. But to what? The debate?  Ugh.
In the fifth inning I opened an Italian red blend.
My old football team, Da Bears, was on Monday Night Football, but, I just couldn't get into any more sports while my Cards were getting thrashed.
Eighth inning: Bourbon.
This one will hurt for a little longer, and then I'll just spend the next few months wandering aimlessly through the other professional sports on TV.
And then ...... Spring training!
The beverages of choice last night were:
2009 Dierberg Chardonnay
2008 Caburnio
Eagle Rare Single Barrel Bourbon

Tom



No comments:

Post a Comment