Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Wines 2012

My son, Michael and his wife, Dani had Thanksgiving dinner this year. My daughter, Becky and her husband, Paul drove in from Kansas City with their two girls: Grace - 3 years old and Kathryn - 8 months old.
Dani's mom, Rosanne and her husband Marcelle drove in from South Carolina with their dog, Maggie.
And then there's my son's miniature bulldog, Brooklyn - always ready to cause some mischief.
Trust me when I say that all the ingredients for disaster were present and accounted for.
But wait. It all worked out beautifully. Everyone got along. There were no meltdowns, arguments or "food accidents". It was a great day.
The stars were aligned, as they say.
And we had lots of wine to drink!
Since there were 8 wine drinkers present (some very serious wine drinkers, too), I brought a mixed case of some of my favorite value wines from The Market, along with 1 "nice" bottle from home.
Here they are: 2010 Sebastiani Chardonnay - $12, 2010 Wine By Joe Pinot Noir - $18, 2009 Vina Robles Cabernet - $19, 2009 The Table Cabernet - $20, NV Mumm Brut Rose' - $20, 2007 Argyle Brut - $24, 2010 Stolpman Syrah - $27.
From home I brought the 2005 La Roquette Chateauneuf du Pape.
All the wines were fantastic. The CdP was outstanding. One Chardonnay was corked.
Onward to the next holiday!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment