Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jeff's Favorite Wine of 2012!

The next 3 blogs will be about the three musketeers (that would be me, Jeff and Sterkel) favorite wines of 2012.
The rules are pretty simple. Each of us will pick a wine that was sold at The Market this year. And we need to have had more than just a quick taste. Maybe we bought a bottle to share with a friend. You get the idea.
So, I turned to Jeff today and asked "can you name one wine that was your favorite this year"?
And without the slightest hesitation he says "the Maison Bleue Grenache - best Grenache I've ever had".
Was I ever impressed. Just like that he names his favorite wine. I'm still fretting over which of my top two I'm going to have to eliminate.
Specifically, Jeff's pick is the 2010 Maison Bleue La Montagnette Grenache. Unfortunately, we are sold out of this wine, but have lots of other Maison Bleue at the shop to try. All the wines are first rate.
Next up - Sterkel's pick.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment