Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vermeil Wine and an Amazing Tasting

I'm not what you would call a "star struck" kind of guy. I don't care about meeting "celebrities" or pro athletes or getting autographs.
So you can imagine how I feel about all the celebrity wines that have hit the market recently. Over priced, often poor quality wine, and all because there is a celebrity's name on the bottle.
But this Saturday, I have to admit, I was very impressed by Coach Dick Vermeil - and his wine.
We poured 6 of his wines, 1 white and 5 reds. I liked every one of them.
For a solid 4 hours, from noon to 4pm, the Coach graciously signed around 350 bottles of wine. He also agreed to about 100 photo shots with customers.
What impressed me most, however, is that whenever one of our female customers approached the table, Coach stood up and shook her hand - always with that great smile on his face.
What a gentleman. What a class act.
Dick Vermeil is 76 years old and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, or to "put on" for any reason.
I guess Coach is a pretty well known celebrity - at least here in St. Louis, where he coached our one and only Super Bowl Team.
I do know one thing for sure. He sure is one great human being!

Tom





No comments:

Post a Comment