Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Great Wine and Rack of Lamb!

We don't have rack of lamb very often, so when we do, I don't skimp on the wine.
Sunday was a special day. Not only were we having the rack, we spent the day with my son Michael and his wife Dani, which doesn't happen very often given our crazy work schedules.
We started the day at one of the local wineries. It was okay.
And now, on to the meal: rack of lamb perfectly seasoned, a homemade risotto and steamed, lightly seasoned asparagus.
I dipped into my cellar to select two of my all time favorite wines with lamb - Bordeaux and Chateauneuf du Pape. I really don't know which I enjoyed more. They were both superb.
2005 Clos Saint Jean Chateauneuf du Pape Vielles Vignes
2004 Lucia St. Emilion Bordeaux
Now that's a good day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment