Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dinner And Wine With Kids And Brooklyn The Dog

What a surprise! My son Michael and his wife Dani were off work Sunday evening, and they were nice enough to join us for dinner.
Of course they brought their now famous mini English bulldog, Brooklyn, with them. We wouldn't have it any other way.
Dinner was fairly simple: steamed mussels for an appetizer and roasted chicken, asparagus and oven roasted potatoes for the main course. Okay. On to the wines
From the Market:
2009 Sebastiani Chardonnay - with the mussels
2009 Argyle Reserve Pinot Noir - with the chicken
From my stash:
2005 Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet - while playing pinochle - guys against the girls.
The Sebastiani is always solid and at $11 per bottle, it only gets better.
The Argyle was a perfect compliment to the chicken.
The Beringer was just gorgeous. I had not had this wine until now. Very rich and complex, with dark red fruit, currant, cassis and cocoa on the nose and palate. I was very impressed, as 2005 was not one of the higher rated vintages for Beringer.
The guys won handily at pinochle and Brooklyn only got into "minor" trouble.
It was a good evening!

Tom

What?? I didn't do anything!  I'm innocent, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment