Thursday, June 28, 2012

Are All Wine Lovers Snobs?

If you google "snob definition" the first result reads: A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people: "a wine snob".
Is there some implication being made here by Webster? 
I never thought of myself as a snob, but, I bet there are people out there who do- simply because I love wine.
Dang!
I guess there's not much I can do about what other people think. 
Wine Spectator editor Tim Fish wrote about wine snobs in his blog and he made this insightful comment: "There's an easy way to tell when you're dealing with snobs: They spend more time telling you what not to drink than offering ideas on what you might like".
I'll go along with that.
So here's a great wine that I enjoyed last night with one of our customers - something you might like:
2009 Mark Ryan "Long Haul"
Black cherry, Italian plum clove and toasted oak. A lush palate filled with black fruits, vanilla and mocha. The texture is bold with impressive structure and great length.
Merlot Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Malbec.


Tom


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment